Cyclist vs Bridge – level 1
A woman is riding her bike. There is a bridge ahead of her. It is rising. It looks like she wants to cross the bridge anyway. She gets through the barriers. Moments later, she falls down. People run to her to help her. The bridge is stopped.
The woman is not seriously injured. She goes to the hospital anyway.
Difficult words: rise (go up), barriers (things which stop people from passing), seriously injured (when you are seriously injured, something very bad happens to your body).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What does the woman do once she reaches the hospital?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos