Dancing thief – level 2
In Birmingham, England, Police released a video of a 31-year-old man who took a wallet from a parked car.
The police could not believe it when they saw the video. The thief was so happy when he found a fifty-pound note in a stolen wallet that he did a little dance. He was happy when he found the money, but he looked very miserable when the police knocked on the door to arrest him.
In the past, the man already did shoplifting and other little crimes. Now, he will spend two weeks in prison.
Difficult words: note (paper money), miserable (very unhappy), shoplifting (stealing from a shop).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos