Dangerous baby powder – level 2
Two years ago, the company Johnson&Johnson stopped the sale of its baby powder in the US and Canada. In 2023, the company will stop the sale of it in all the world.
Customers sent more than 38,000 lawsuits to Johnson&Johnson; they said that the baby powder was dangerous because it contained asbestos, and it could cause cancer. Many people did not buy it because they were scared to use it.
Johnson&Johnson repeatedly said that the product was safe for children. Then, journalists found that the company knew for many years that the powder was dangerous.
Last week, Johnson&Johnson said that it will make a new baby powder with safe ingredients.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.