Dangerous Building Materials – level 3
Nearly two years after the Grenfell Tower fire in London, survivors and families of those who died are taking legal action against three companies over the catastrophe in which 72 people died.
The lawsuit filed in the USA last Tuesday says that a Whirlpool refrigerator was responsible for starting the fire, while Arconic cladding and Celotex insulation burnt as fast as to turn the building into a ‘flaming coffin’.
According to the Washington Post, all three companies said that they would work with authorities to investigate the fire.
Difficult words: lawsuit (an official document which says that somebody did something illegal), cladding (the material which is on top of insulation to protect the building from weather and make it look nice), insulation (the material on a wall which keeps the building warm in winter).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.