Dangerous dentist – level 2
In central France last week, a fifty-one-year-old French dentist arrived at court. People accused him of mutilating over a hundred people. French media is calling him “the butcher”.
Many of the patients were present at the court and they shared their horror stories. One woman said that she went to the dentist to have braces fitted, but the dentist painfully pulled eight teeth from her mouth. She said that she bled for days.
If the court finds the dentist guilty, he might go to prison for 10 years and pay 375,000 euro.
Difficult words: accuse (to say that somebody is guilty of a crime), mutilate (to damage, to hurt), braces (wires in the mouth which straighten the teeth).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What should happen to the dentist?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos