Dangerous surfing – level 1
There is a competition in Sydney. It is a surfing competition. It is very dangerous.
It is not dangerous, though, because of big waves. It is dangerous because of rocks. The waves crash onto the rocks. Only sixteen surfers take part in this competition. These surfers are the best.
Difficult words: competition (situation when you try to be better than others at something), dangerous (someone could get hurt or die), take part (to do something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this article?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.