Dangerous Virus – level 2
In a city in China, there was an outbreak of a new virus. The virus is spreading fast, and it is very infectious.
It causes a lung infection, and its symptoms are a fever, fatigue, and problems being able to breathe. In some cases, the sickness can be mild; however, it can be fatal, too.
There are still new cases and the World Health Organization expects the virus to spread in other parts of China and in other countries, too. Officials report cases in China, Japan, Thailand, and South Korea.
Many airports around the world react to the outbreak, and they start screening passengers.
Difficult words: outbreak (the sudden start of something), fatigue (the state when a person feels very tired as a result of an illness), fatal (deadly).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos