Dangerous Virus – level 3
The Chinese city of Wuhan is the epicenter of Coronavirus, a new virus that is spreading fast. It causes a type of pneumonia, and it can be passed from person to person.
In the early stages, the symptoms include a fever, fatigue and difficulty with breathing. The infection can cause mild to severe disease; however, in can be fatal in some cases.
The number of infected people is on the rise, and the World Health Organization spokesperson said that more cases are expected in other parts of China and possibly in other countries, too. So far, there have been reported cases in China, Japan, Thailand, and South Korea.
In response to the outbreak, many airports around the world have started screening passengers.
Difficult words: epicenter (the point where something originates), pneumonia (an infection of the lungs), fatigue (extreme tiredness that is a result of an illness).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos