Daniel Craig visits Cyprus – level 2
Daniel Craig is an actor famous for playing James Bond. He is also a UN advocate.
He visited Cyprus for two days. In 1974 Cyprus was split in a Turkish invasion after Greek Cypriots tried to unite Cyprus with Greece.
Daniel Craig helped with destroying landmines on the 184-kilometre line which splits the land between Turkey and Greece.
Difficult words: advocate (someone who publicly supports someone or something), split (to turn something into two or more parts), unite (to become one).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about Daniel Craig’s help with the bomb?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.