David Attenborough speaks to world leaders – level 2
95-year-old British naturalist Sir David Attenborough spoke at the climate summit in Glasgow, Scotland.
Attenborough said that the carbon dioxide around the earth was too high. Carbon dioxide is a gas that comes from plants, businesses, and vehicles. The carbon dioxide was now 149% of the level in the 18th century when the Industrial Revolution started.
Attenborough asked world leaders to think of young people and change the earth’s future. The weather was becoming more strong, and it was necessary to do something quickly.
Attenborough also criticized rich countries, as he said that they were more responsible for the changes. Sadly, poor countries had the most problems with the changes.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.