Daylight Saving Time – level 3
The European Parliament voted 410 to 192 in favour of scrapping the summer time by 2021. The next step involves discussing the issues with members of the bloc.
Under current EU law, member countries move their clocks forward together on the last Sunday in March and all of them move back on the last Sunday in October.
The use of the summer time is often said to save energy, but the European commission says that those savings are small. On top of that, an EU-wide survey from last year showed that most people are in favour of stopping the clock change.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.