Deadly disease in India – level 1
The swine flu is a disease. Around 13,000 people in India have this disease. Seven hundred and seventy-four people are dead.
The Indian government tries to help its people. The government gives hospitals medical supplies.
There is also a campaign on TV and on the radio. It tells people what to do.
Difficult words: disease (a bad sickness), government (the “bosses” of a country), medical supplies (things which doctors use to help people), campaign (videos on TV or messages on the radio about something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you worry about your health?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos