Death in Theme Park – level 3
Four people died in an accident at Australia’s biggest theme park. The victims, all adults, died on the Thunder River Rapids ride at Dreamworld in Queensland.
One of the rides sustained a malfunction, which caused two people to be ejected from the ride and another two people caught inside the ride. The victims were two males and two females. Queensland Ambulance personnel assessed them and saw that all had sustained injuries that were incompatible with living.
Dreamworld said that it is working as quickly as possible to establish the facts. Craig Davidson, the CEO of Dreamworld, said that he was deeply shocked and saddened by the incident.
The park on Queensland’s Gold Coast has been closed while investigations take place.
Difficult words: malfunction (a failure to function normally), eject (throw something out in a violent way), assess (check out, evaluate, analyse), incompatible (something that cannot happen at the same time as another thing).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.