Deer with a vampire’s teeth – level 1
This news is about an animal. It is very rare. It lives in Afghanistan. It is a deer. It has two long teeth. Vampires have these same teeth.
The animals are in danger. There are not many of them. They may die out soon. This is because people catch and kill them. The natural home of this animal is also becoming smaller.
Difficult words: rare (special), deer (a big animal which eats grass and lives in the forest), may (can).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think it is a scary animal?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.