Dementia in 2050 – level 1
Researchers make a study about dementia. Dementia is a disease in the brain. Researchers say that there will be three times more people with dementia in 2050 than now.
Dementia is a disease where people have problems to learn and remember things. They start to forget things. They cannot think clearly.
People older than 65 years usually get the disease. Alsoo, obesity, diabetes, or smoking are things that can make dementia more possible.
Researchers study the situation in 195 countries. The number of people with dementia is going up everywhere. The situation is more serious in some areas, for example, in South Africa or the Middle East.
There are more and more people. The population is getting older. Experts say that 153 million people will have dementia in 2050.
Difficult words: obesity (when someone is very fat), diabetes (a disease when your body’s sugar is too high), population (all the people who live in one country or place).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos