Dentist visits an elephant – level 1
This news is from a zoo in England. Keepers see that there is something wrong with one of the elephants. It is not eating well. They ask a dentist for help.
He makes the elephant go to sleep. He looks inside its mouth. One tooth is in the wrong position. It is not moving right. A part of it is breaking off. There is an infection around the tooth, too.
The dentist takes the tooth out. The elephant is better now.
Difficult words: keeper (a person who helps zoo animals).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.