Dentist visits an elephant – level 2
We all know what it is like to have a toothache, but it cannot be as bad as an elephant’s toothache! Keepers at a zoo in England noticed that one of the elephants stopped eating properly. They decided that it was time for a visit from the dentist.
He found out that one of the teeth was in a wrong position. The tooth was not moving forward and dropping out as it should. Part of it was starting to resolve and there was an infection around it, too.
The dentist put the elephant fast asleep during the procedure, which took about two hours. The elephant is feeling much better now.
Difficult words: resolve (to break apart), fast asleep (very difficult to wake up), procedure (an operation).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.