Derek Chauvin attacked in prison – level 3
Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer convicted in George Floyd’s death, has reportedly been attacked in an Arizona prison, as stated by Minnesota’s attorney general.
Earlier reports indicated that Chauvin was stabbed and seriously injured. Currently serving a 21-year federal sentence for violating Floyd’s civil rights and a concurrent 22 1/2 years for murder in Minnesota State Court, Chauvin faced the assault at the Federal Correctional Institution in Tucson. The Federal Bureau of Prisons confirmed the assault, noting that employees took life-saving measures, and the injured inmate was hospitalized.
George Floyd’s death in 2020 triggered global protests against police brutality and racism, with Chauvin kneeling on Floyd’s neck for over 9 minutes.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What actions will be taken against the alleged perpetrator of the assault on Derek Chauvin in Arizona prison?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.