Diana and HIV – level 2
The public did not always understand AIDS, and people did not want to touch HIV patients. Princess Diana was one of a few people who changed everyone’s perception.
She visited hospitals, talked to the patients and was not afraid to touch them. Mildmay Mission Hospital is one of the hospitals that Diana visited. On the 20th anniversary of her death, the hospital held a party. It celebrated her life and legacy.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.