Diana’s Death Anniversary – level 1
Princess Diana marries Prince Charles in 1981. They have a child. His name is Prince William. He is born in 1982. His brother Harry is born in 1984.
Diana and Charles are not happy together. They separate in 1992. In 1993, Diana stops her public duties.
However, she does more charity work. She visits the Red Cross in Zimbabwe. She goes to Angola. She tells the world about landmines. They are a big problem in Africa.
Princess Diana, the People’s Princess, dies in Paris in 1997. She dies in a car crash with her boyfriend. People move her body back to the UK.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.