Diana’s letters at auction – level 3
Famous letters are on auction; they were written by Princess Diana during her divorce proceedings with Prince Charles.
Diana sent the letters to her friends Tarek and Susie Kassem between 1995 and 1997, and many of the letters explained the pressure she felt and her hope that 1997 would be an easier year.
The Kassems are selling the collection in 32 individual slots through Lay’s Auctioneers in Penzance, Cornwall, UK. The auction expects to sell the letters for more than 100,000 dollars, and they will donate the proceeds to charities that Diana supported.
Difficult words: proceeding (a formal event or action), slot (an item sold at an auction), proceeds (money from an event or activity).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What were Princess Diana's feelings about her divorce proceedings in 1997?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos