Dianne Feinstein dies – level 1
Dianne Feinstein dies at the age of 90. She is an important member of the US Senate. She is an inspiration for women in American politics.
Feinstein does amazing things. She works on important problems like gun control in the US. She is the first woman to represent California in the US Senate. She is also the longest-serving female senator in US history. Her death has a big impact on US politics. Now, several candidates want her Democratic seat.
President Joe says that Feinstein is tough but also kind. She is not only a politician but also a good friend.
Difficult words: inspiration (someone or something what gives you ideas for doing something), longest-serving (someone who has the same job for a very long time), candidate (a person who applies for a job in politics).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What impact will Feinstein’s death have on US politics?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.