Dianne Feinstein dies – level 3
Dianne Feinstein, the oldest-serving member of the US Senate and a trailblazer for women in American politics, has passed away at the age of 90.
Feinstein’s career included advocacy for gun control, where she spearheaded the first federal assault weapons ban and investigations into the CIA’s torture of foreign terrorism suspects. President Joe Biden paid tribute, calling her a pioneering American. Feinstein was the first woman to represent California in the US Senate and the longest-serving female senator in US history.
Feinstein’s death has significant political implications, as she was due to retire at the end of her term, sparking a race to succeed her in a safe Democratic seat.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What legacy do you think Dianne Feinstein will leave behind?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.