Difficult Language – level 2
There is a new study about the way that US health agencies and websites inform people about COVID-19. The study says that the language is too complicated, and it is possible that some people do not understand it well.
Health agencies and websites use many medical words, and it can be a problem for people who do not have good knowledge about health and medicine. Researchers say that the agencies should use a language that children in the 8th year of school could understand. These children are between 12 to 14 years old.
Some doctors found a way on how to talk to COVID-19 patients. They use pictures and analogies, and they explain everything carefully.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.