Digital health – level 3
Some Americans check their smartphones 96 times a day, or once every 10 minutes. Screen time additionally creates digital eye strain and can damage eye parts and the ability to focus.
Children are getting more screen time due to the pandemic. Children’s screen time went from 6 hours to 13 hours a day. Some studies show that too much screen time leads to lower language and thinking test scores and the thinning of the brain’s cortex, where we do critical thinking and reasoning.
The screens also impact their sleep, and sleep is important to the brain’s development and memory. Blue light from screens lowers a brain chemical called melatonin; melatonin helps you go to sleep. The screens then keep children more awake at night.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.