Dinosaur coins – level 3
The Royal Mint has collaborated with the Natural History Museum to release a new set of dinosaur-themed collectable coins.
The three-coin collection features the tyrannosaurus, stegosaurus, and diplodocus, each appearing on their own coin. Designed by artist Robert Nicholls with guidance from the Natural History Museum, some coins depict dinosaurs in their habitat using color. Prices start from £11. Rebecca Morgan, director of commemorative coin at the Royal Mint, expressed excitement about the new collectables, while Maxine Lister, head of licensing at the Natural History Museum, highlighted the iconic dinosaurs immortalized on the 50p coins.
The collection, part of the Mint’s Tales of the Earth series, is available for purchase on the Royal Mint’s website.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Which iconic dinosaurs are featured on the newly released collectable coins from the Royal Mint and Natural History Museum collaboration?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.