Dinosaur’s Tail in Amber – level 2
People found a piece of amber in northern Myanmar. People think that it is nearly 100 million years old. A Chinese scientist talked about the find at the Shanghai Natural History Museum.
The find is special because of what is in the amber. It is a piece of a feathered dinosaur’s tail. This is the first time that people found dinosaur material in amber. The dinosaur was a bird-like animal, and it was as big as a chicken. In the amber, there were also two ants, pieces of a plant and small bubbles.
Difficult words: amber (a very old, yellow and hard material, which comes from trees and people like to use in jewellery), find noun (something that you find), feathered (with feathers).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.