Dirty Money – level 1
A man works in a car repair shop. The shop is in Georgia, US. The man leaves his job. His boss does not pay him the last wages.
The man’s boss does not speak to the man. He must pay him 915 dollars. He does not want to do it. The man asks officials for help.
The man and his girlfriend are leaving their house one day. They see something on the ground in front of the house. It is money. It is a lot of coins. There are about 90,000 coins. There is a message from the man’s boss.
A lot of oil is on the money. The man must clean the money. He cleans the money every night. He can clean several hundred coins in 90 minutes. He can use only clean money in shops.
Difficult words: car repair shop (a place where you take your car when it breaks and somebody repairs it), wages (money which you get for work), coin (a small piece of metal which people use as money).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.