Disabled man is attacked – level 3
These shocking images show the moment a drunk thug tried to steal a bag from a disabled man on a mobility scooter.
CCTV footage released by police shows the moment the thug creeps up behind his victim and tries to snatch the bag from his back.
The victim was hauled from his scooter and onto the ground, after the bag’s cord got stuck around his neck.
Daniel Jones from Nuneaton approached the 42 year-old man when he saw him on a late night supermarket trip in Coventry.
Despite the victim gasping for breath when the bag was caught around his neck, Jones refused to release his grip and dragged him off the scooter. The 23 year-old finally managed to untangle the bag’s cord and ran off.
After claiming he couldn’t remember anything about the incident, he was picked out during an ID parade, and was later jailed for 40 months after admitting robbery.
Difficult words: thug (criminal), creep up (to surprise somebody from behind), snatch (take quickly), haul (pull), grip (firm hold), untangle (separate something twisted), claim (say), ID parade (the victim recognised the criminal from other people).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos