Disney Animal Kingdom – level 2
Disney’s Animal Kingdom worked for 25 years to increase the population of threatened animals such as lions, giraffes, and rhinos.
They have a large animal hospital which takes care of all animals, not just the popular ones. The staff manages 1,500 diets and feeds 4,500 kilograms of food to animals every day. Disney also supports wildlife conservation with 120 million dollars. They partnered with researchers to use bees to keep elephants away from African farms. Now they want to help threatened butterflies, like the monarch, by creating pollinator gardens.
On Earth Day, conservation experts asked people to grow their own pollinator gardens which help their local animal kingdom. Even you can plant milkweed and create your own pollinator garden.
Difficult words: threatened (someone or something in danger), wildlife conservation (protecting plants and animals and their homes), pollinator garden (a special garden in which people grow plants that produce food for insects and other small animals).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What tips does Disney offer for creating a pollinator garden to contribute to wildlife conservation?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.