Divers try to set a world record – level 1
Two hundred people dive in the Red Sea. They go 20 metres underwater. There is a shipwreck at the bottom of the sea.
Someone films the divers. The video is live on the Internet. People watch it. The divers want to set a new record. They want a lot of people to watch them on the Internet. The divers take underwater pictures.
Difficult words: dive (to go or swim underwater), shipwreck (broken ship), diver (somebody who dives).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos