Doctors Say No to Tackling in Rugby – level 2
Rugby is a competitive and rough sport that people play in England, but doctors worry about the effects of tackling on the children who play rugby in school.
Some parents say that the game is too violent, while others say that it would be strange not to have tackling in the game.
A rugby injury paralysed one player, and even he said that tackling should be part of the game. He said that people choose to play the sport because they want the contact, and that the difficulty of rugby gave him the willpower to overcome his paralysis.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think that rugby should have tackling?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.