Doctors separate babies – level 2
In August 2020, twin girls were born in Israel. They never saw each other because they were joined at the head. Last week, they could look at each other for the first time.
A team of experts from Israel and other countries spent a year planning a surgery which would separate the girls. It was a complicated surgery, and the team used 3D and virtual reality models to plan it. Doctors performed this surgery only twenty times in the world, and it was the first time that they did it in Israel.
Months before the surgery, doctors put silicone bags into the girls´ heads which lengthened their skin. After the doctors reconstructed the skulls, they used the new skin to close the heads. The surgery took 12 hours, and it was successful. The girls will live normal lives.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.