Doctors separate babies – level 3
One-year-old twin girls saw each other for the first time following a complex surgery to separate them at Soroka Medical Center in Beersheba, Israel.
Conjoined at the head, the twins were separated in a 12-hour procedure, involving dozens of experts from Israel and abroad, who’d spent a year planning the surgery. The team used 3D and virtual reality models to plan the procedure that was the first of its kind in Israel. Months before the surgery, doctors inserted inflatable silicone bags into the girls’ heads and periodically expanded them to stretch the skin. The new skin was then used to closed the girls’ heads after the skulls were reconstructed.
Such an operation had only been conducted twenty times worldwide, and to the team’s great joy, everything went as they’d hoped. The girls are expected to lead completely normal lives.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.