Dog Gets Stuck on Cliff – level 2
In Utah, USA, a dog became stuck on a snowy 50-foot cliff and triggered a rescue operation from the county. A rescuer tried to bring her to him with food, but every time she was close, she became nervous and went back onto the cliff. The rescue operation had to stop for the night, but the rescuer left the dog with food and hand-warmers.
Somehow, the dog climbed down the mountain by herself. She had cuts on her paws, but she came back to owners in good health after her adventure.
Difficult words: trigger (start), county (a large area in a state in the USA), hand-warmers (devices that you use to keep your hands warm).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.