Dog in a Canal – level 3
A dog in Peru found itself stranded in a canal in Trujillo, a city in north western Peru, but luckily, police officers were on hand to help the dog out.
One of them stripped down to his underwear and got into the water to help the drowning animal. He eventually grabbed the dog and handed it to the first in line of the human chain that people formed along the canal bank.
People saved the dog, and it looked only a little shaken up by the ordeal.
Difficult words: stranded (lost, unable to get out from somewhere), strip down (remove all clothing), grab (take quickly), the first in line (the first person or thing in the front of the line), human chain (when people hold hands to form a ‘chain’), ordeal (something very bad that happens to you).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos