Dog moves like a kangaroo – level 1
This news is about a dog. She is a girl. She is born in Peru. She is born without front legs. She lives in the street. She is abandoned.
Good people find her. They have an animal shelter. They help her.
The dog has no front legs, but she is happy. She can move like a kangaroo. She often plays with the other dogs.
People like the dog. They visit the shelter to see her. They bring money to the shelter. With the extra money, the shelter helps more animals.
Difficult words: be born (to leave the mother’s body and start living), abandoned (alone and without any help), shelter (a safe place).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this dog?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.