Dog Saves a Fawn – level 1
This happens in New York. A man is taking a walk with his dog. The dog sees a fawn. It is drowning in the sea.
The dog jumps into the water. It pulls the fawn to shore. The dog tries to bring the fawn back to life. It touches it with its nose and mouth. The man films all this.
The fawn goes to a centre for animals. It gets better.
Difficult words: fawn (a young deer – a tall animal which eats grass and lives in the forest), drown (to die because you cannot swim), shore (the land that touches the water).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos