Dog Saves a Fawn – level 2
One morning, a man and his dog Storm were taking a walk in Long Island, New York. The golden retriever saw a drowning fawn in the sea.
The dog jumped into the sea and pulled the fawn to safety. It then tried to bring it back to life by touching it with its nose and mouth.
The dog’s owner, who is a lawyer, filmed the whole incident on his phone. The fawn went to an animal rescue centre, and now it is getting better.
Difficult words: drown (get hurt or die because you cannot swim), fawn (a young deer), incident (an event).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos