Dog Takes Care of Tiger Cubs – level 2
In the Cincinnati Zoo in the USA, an Australian Shepherd dog is a part-time nanny to three Malaysian tiger cubs. The cubs climb and paw all over him. The cubs were born on February 3rd, and zookeepers took over because their mother ignored them.
The dog is a resident companion to animals at the zoo that need to cuddle or need comfort. He also keeps the cubs in check, if needed.
The dog has worked with other baby animals before. He helped take care of baby cheetahs, wallabies, skunks, and others.
Difficult words: paw (push on something with a paw – an animal’s foot), resident companion (someone who stays with others to help them), keep in check (tell someone when he or she is not good), wallaby (an animal which is similar to a kangaroo).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos