Dog Waits outside Hospital – level 1
Cemal Senturk comes from Turkey. He has a dog. His dog’s name is Boncuk. Senturk and Boncuk are best friends.
Senturk must go to hospital. An ambulance takes him there. His dog runs after the ambulance. She waits in front of the hospital. She sits there for three days.
Senturk’s daughter takes the dog home. The dog returns to the hospital. Senturk’s daughter takes the dog home again. She returns to the hospital again.
Boncuk leaves the hospital after six days. He meets his dog. They are both very happy. Boncuk says that a dog can be a best friend. Dogs bring joy. They make people happy.
Difficult words: ambulance (a big car that takes sick people to hospital), return (to come back) joy (when somebody feels happy and pleased).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos