Dog Waits outside Hospital – level 2
A Turkish man named Cemal Senturk has a dog called Boncuk. Senturk and Boncuk have a very strong relationship, and they are used to being together all the time.
Recently, Senturk had to go to hospital and an ambulance took him there. Boncuk followed the ambulance and stayed outside the hospital. The dog waited there for a few days, and Senturk´s daughter took her home. Then, the dog ran back to the hospital and she did it several times. After six days, doctors released Senturk from the hospital and he and his dog finally met again. It was a very happy moment for both of them.
Senturk said that he missed his dog very much. He said that dogs make people happy and they could be their best friends.
Difficult words: relationship (a situation in which usually two people spent time together or they have feelings for each other), used to (when something is usual or normal for somebody), release (to let go).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.