Dog wants to hold hands – level 1
This news is about a dog. Her name is Pinky. She is sick. Doctors operate on her. They remove her ear canal. Pinky is now deaf.
She lives in an animal’s hospital in London. Hospital staff take care of her. The staff notices something about Pinky. She wants to hold hands with people. She absolutely loves it! Somebody must always hold her paw.
Pinky is looking for a family. She needs love.
Difficult words: ear canal (the inside of the ear), deaf (not able to hear), staff (a group of people who somewhere).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like dogs? :-)
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.