Dogs born by IVF – level 1
IVF is a type of fertilisation. This fertilisation happens outside the body. Doctors fertilise an egg with sperm. Then, they put it into a female body.
It is easy to do this with human eggs and sperm, but it is not easy with dogs. Dogs have different bodies.
After 40 years of trying, experts can now do this with dogs, too. This is an important moment in science. Baby dogs are born to one female dog, but she is not their mother. Each little dog has a different mom and dad.
Difficult words: fertilisation (the act of fertilising an egg – making the egg turn into a baby by putting sperm in it), sperm (the man’s body part that can fertilise an egg), female (woman).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think in vitro fertilisation is a good thing or a bad thing?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.