Dogs in Japanese offices – level 2
Fujitsu, a Japanese tech giant, is testing a dog-friendly office in Kawasaki, near Tokyo. They are inspired by Silicon Valley.
The trial will last until the end of this year, and the main idea is to improve employees’ well-being and productivity. A study revealed that having dogs at work helps social interaction, communication between departments, and overall job satisfaction. The dog office has a stain-proof carpet, free dog food, and an indoor play area for quick breaks between meetings. Employees with allergies or those who aren’t keen on dogs don’t need to worry. The dog area is separated and accessible through a special elevator on the 25th floor.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
How do companies that implement a 'dog-friendly office' ensure the safety and well-being of all employees, regardless of their pet preferences?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.