Dogs know how people feel – level 3
Experts have evidence that animals can sense how we’re feeling and if we may be sick.
According to a new study, dogs can distinguish the feelings of stress versus calm. Dogs have an incredible sense of smell. They have more than 200 million nerve endings inside the nose, compared to about 50 million for people. Dogs also have a larger part of the brain dedicated to sensing smells than humans; therefore, they’re able to detect odorants in a much lower concentration.
Disease and illness change our overall smell which we emit through our breath and sweat. Dogs can sense if we’re happy or sad, and they have detected diseases including breast, lung, and cervical cancers. During the pandemic, they found the coronavirus.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.