Dogs Smell Cancer – level 2
Military dogs which used to protect soldiers now are trained for something else. Italian scientists are training them to sniff out prostate cancer in patients’ urine.
Dogs’ noses are very powerful, as they have up to 300 million sensors compared to only six million in humans. One dog was even able to identify the disease in a patient before the medical team.
However, you will not see dogs in hospitals any time soon. The team wants to develop an electronic tool which would work like the dog’s sense of smell.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.