Donkey is saved in Ireland – level 1
In Ireland, there are floods. A donkey is in trouble. He is in deep water. He cannot get away.
People want to save the donkey. They come to him in a boat. They put a lifebuoy around his neck. The lifebuoy is connected to the boat. The boat pulls the donkey.
The donkey gets on land. He is very happy. He looks like he smiles in a photograph.
Difficult words: floods (when a lot of water goes in land), lifebuoy (something like a balloon which keeps you above the surface of water), connected (together).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are there many floods in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.