Dreamy digital world – level 3
In 2001, Toshiyuki Inoko started teamLab as an art collective, a place for various experts to experiment.
The experts range from international artists, architects, programmers, and mathematicians; they seek to navigate the convergence of art, science, technology, and the natural world.
To explore the idea to be unconstrained, Toshiyuki opened the world’s first digital art museum in Tokyo, Japan, called teamLab Borderless. From experimentation with interactive installations to steps into water, teamLab has wowed people all over the world in more than 50 cities.
One of the museums is in a forest in southern Japan, and according to Toshiyuki, people can feel the long continuity of life through various artworks. Digital technology has made it possible for artworks to expand physically, and thus, viewers experience the artwork much more directly. Digital technology can also turn nature into art without harm.
Difficult words: convergence (two or more things or ideas together and form a new whole), unconstrain (to not be restricted), installation (an art exhibit in a museum or gallery).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos