Drone race in England – level 2
A team drone relay race took place in England. Teams of four raced first-person-view drones around a course with obstacles and sharp turns. The drones can fly faster than 97 kilometres per hour.
The pilots wore first-person-view headsets, which mean that they could see what the drones could see. There were monitors with a view for people to watch, too.
The sport is becoming more popular, and the pilots say that this sport is for everyone. It does not matter if you are young or old, for as long as you can see, you can fly.
Difficult words: relay race (a type of race when members of a group take turns), course (the route for a race), obstacle (something in your way).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos